John Croyle respects everyone's privacy. Please respect mine.
User Information That John Croyle May Collect
In order to provide users with personalized access to the John Croyle Websites, to secure the John Croyle Websites against unauthorized use and access and to continuously improve the content, features and performance of the John Croyle Websites for the benefit of all users, John Croyle may collect and maintain information as necessary to uniquely identify individual users, to administer pre-subscription trials and subscription accounts and to monitor and track patterns of usage of the John Croyle Websites.
In particular, John Croyle may collect and store any and all of the following types of information and data, among others, in relation to each individual, identifiable user of the John Croyle Websites:
- name, business address, telephone and email address;
- user id, password and access authorizations;
- trial or subscription account records;
- configuration profiles, preferences and settings;
- internet protocol (IP) address, location information and communications data;
- operating system and browser type;
- records of resources accessed, transactions conducted and other usage activities through the John Croyle Websites.
John Croyle may collect this user and usage information directly or indirectly from individual users or from a user's firm, company or other employer that subscribes to John Croyle's services, through printed order forms, registration forms, surveys and automated data collection means on the John Croyle Websites, email, fax and posted correspondence and telephone contacts.
John Croyle Websites may also employ cookies (small data files stored on and read from the hard disk of a user's computer) to associate usage of the John Croyle Websites with individual users and to obtain certain information about a user's general internet usage, settings and environment. A user may refuse to accept cookies by making appropriate browser settings. However, if cookies are not accepted, certain parts of the John Croyle Websites may not be accessible or may not operate correctly.
John Croyle may use services hosted by third parties such as Google Analytics to assist in providing and improving the John Croyle Websites. These services may collect information sent by a user's browser as part of a web page request, including the user's IP address or cookies. If these third party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to John Croyle such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
Storage, Transfer and Security of User Information
User information that John Croyle collects and maintains may be stored on, and may be transferred among, servers and other facilities owned or operated by John Croyle, any of its affiliates and their authorized subcontractors and service providers, located within or outside the United States or the European Economic Area (EEA). In addition, user information may be handled and processed by staff of John Croyle, its affiliates and such subcontractors and service providers at such locations, engaged in fulfilling users' orders, processing payment details and other support services and activities in connection with administration and operation of the John Croyle Websites. By submitting any user information to John Croyle, including by any use of the John Croyle Websites, the user acknowledges and agrees to the foregoing collection, storage, transfer and processing of such user information.
How John Croyle May Apply User Information
John Croyle, its affiliates and their authorized subcontractors and service providers may apply user information, including any personal or personally identifiable information, in the following ways:
- to present the John Croyle Websites in a manner suited to each user's preferences, and the characteristics and configuration of the user's computer, operating system, browser software, network and internet connection;
- to provide users with information and access to services and features that they request from John Croyle;
- to carry out John Croyle's contractual obligations to users;
- to enhance the user experience;
- to notify users of changes to the John Croyle Websites;
- to provide advertisers and other third parties with usage statistics, in aggregated form not identifying individual users; and
In addition, John Croyle may send marketing solicitations (through the John Croyle Websites, email and other means) about products and services offered by John Croyle, its affiliates, advertisers or other third parties, that might be of interest to users on the basis of user information they have provided. Users are entitled to decline to receive such solicitations (opt out) by notifying John Croyle at: http://www.johncroyle.com/store/contact-john
Permitted Disclosures of User Information by John Croyle
In limited circumstances, including the following, John Croyle may disclose user information to government authorities or third parties:
- to comply with a valid order of any court or regulatory body of competent jurisdiction;
- to John Croyle's affiliates;
- to successors or assigns resulting from an acquisition of the stock or assets of John Croyle or its affiliates; and
Have a nice day.